​Les Kincaid's



Eat Smart…Be Happy & Healthy

What to Consider for Healthier Living

• Create a balance in your life—healthy relationships, a satisfying career, and regular physical activity all affect the food choices you make.
• Remember that moderation and portion size are important—the rule is that if you eat healthy 90 percent of the time, the other 10 percent of the time you can eat whatever you feel like eating.
• Drink water—your body is 75 percent water, so make sure you keep it replenished.
• Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables (especially green leafy vegetables) and whole-grain carbohydrates such as brown rice, bulgur, quinoa, and millet each day.
• Opt for lean meat or poultry and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
• Select foods low in saturated and trans fats (hydrogenated oils).
• Keep your total fat intake between 20 to 35 percent of calories, with most fats coming from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated sources such as vegetable oils, avocados, nuts, seeds, and fish.
• Refrain from adding more than one teaspoon of salt per day to your cooking.
• Get in the habit of reading the labels of packaged foods—knowing the ingredients and calories a product contains will help you make more informed decisions about what you buy and eat.
• Eat less sugar and processed food, and aim for a diet high in freshly cooked whole foods.


The Benefits of Tea

Today, the average consumer has thousands of different kinds of teas to choose from, each with their own appearance, taste and aroma. Camellia sinensis is the species of plant whose leaves and leaf buds are used to produce a true tea. Ignoring the herbal teas for a moment, there are four major types of true tea, white, green, oolong, and black. The oxidation process helps determine many of the tea’s flavor characteristics and how it will be categorized. White tea is unoxidized, while black tea is fully oxidized.

White tea is considered to be the healthiest of the four types and harvested by hand only a few days each year. A fine silver-white substance remains on the leaf providing the plant with a whitish appearance even though the tea product itself is a pale yellow. Looking for the crème de la crème of white teas, be sure to try Silver Needle White Tea. This tea has been reserved for the Chinese Imperial family for centuries and is delicate and refreshing.

Although all green tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, there are countless versions of green tea available today. Variations in flavor vary dramatically from grassy and sweet to floral and fresh to nutty and roasted. Green teas are minimally processed therefore retaining their natural appearance and vibrant color. Some of the more popular green teas from China are Dragonwell and Gunpowder.

Oolong teas are full bodied in flavor and aroma ranging from green and floral to dark and roasted with many notes between. Oolong teas are semi-oxidized. They are also traditionally referred to as a weight loss tea because of its many health benefits. It has a distinct flavor with caffeine content midway between black tea and green tea.

Black teas come from leaves that are exposed to oxygen which accounts for the dark, rich colors and strong, brisk flavors characteristic of this type of tea. Black teas are found to be rejuvenating and rich in theaflavins and antioxidants. Common loose black teas that have been flavored are Early Grey and English Breakfast.

All four types of true teas since they come from the same plant contain similar levels of antioxidants. Since antioxidants are so important to our overall health, it’s no wonder tea is gaining in popularity. Choose a tea you enjoy and drink it for your health!


​​Chef, Wineau and professional bon vivant Les Kincaid is one of today's most imaginative food personalities. Whether he is lecturing a visiting convention in Las Vegas, or concocting new recipes in his own kitchen, Kincaid transforms common ingredients

into wow-inspiring dishes. His artful approach to cooking,

confidence-inspiring instructions, and contagious enthusiasm

have endeared him to a loyal following that tune in to his weekly

shows, frequent his wine or cooking classes and appearances,

and collect his books.

Chef Les Kincaid presents monthly tips and new recipes for fresh ideas for dining to fuel a healthy active lifestyle. These healthy gourmet recipes consist of fresh and natural ingredients that are satisfying, delicious and energizing to the mind, body and soul.

Onion Frittata

Baked Salmon with Lemon & Thyme

Black Pepper Tofu


Sake Steamed Halibut with Ginger & Cabbage

Baked Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Ragù

Zucchini & Cauliflower Skewers with Feta

Foil Pack Steak and Green Bean "Stir Fry"

Ginger Garlic Shrimp with Tangy Tomato Sauce

Grilled Scallops with Honeydew Avocado Salsa

Grilled Eggplant with Ricotta Salata

Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho

Healthy Living